Friday, May 20, 2011

utterly exhaustified

Its 7 oclock on a friday nite and both of my children are sleeping. Yes. I put my kids to bed early so that I can relax. Lets face it, we all do it sometimes. maybe more then sometimes. Today I felt I earned it. This week I washed about thirty loads of laundery, most of that diapers, changed the sheets on our bed three times. vacuumed atleast ten times, changed the hamsters cage twice, swept and mopped the floors dozens of times, wiped counter and table tops, made meals,cleaned up meals, whiped faces and tushies, dusted the furniture, washed the mirrors and windows, picked up toys, played with toys, picked up toys again, answered 300 questions from my always inquiring son and repeatedly lunged for my daughter before she toppeled off of (insert scarily high place she climbed here) directed talon with his school work and between the hours of 4 and 7 add one more highly energetic 5 year old boy to the mix. all of this without one teeny break.Bobs been out of town. for the most part the kids were in pretty god spirits and helped mommy out with alot of things. but towards the end of the week their usual sweet demeaners and eagerness to please was replaced with a vengeful disobediance as they ganged up on me and joined forces to , what it seemed like 'take me down'. i know its because they missed their daddy, maybe they thought if they formed a coup that i would give in and go down and get him myself? well whatever their thoughts and motivations were, im exhausted. i plan on spending this weekend in the tub with a do not disturb sign on the door and a cup of hot tea and good book. or perhaps ill go for a drive. or perhaps ...eh who am i kidding? we are going to go food shopping, run errands, and finish chores i didnt get to do during the week. but atleast ill have my hubby back, helping me do them all. i missed you. :)

2 comments: